Thank you so much to Jenny at Jenny Sews 2 for nominating me for a Liebster Award. It’s my very first blog award and I’m honoured to be included.
The Liebster Award is awarded to blogs with less than 200 readers to bring them into the limelight and hopefully increase their readership. The rules are:
Post 11 random facts about yourself.
Answer 11 questions posed by your nominator.
Nominate up to 5 other blogs for the award and ask them 11 questions of your own.
So, to kick off, here are 11 random facts about me.
1. When I was little I wanted to be a fashion designer, and secretly still do.
2. Pretty much the only thing I love doing more than crafting is reading.
3. At school I studied both maths and art at A Level, and was the only person in my year to do so.
4. I have a younger sister who is adopted.
5. I have a secret passion for stationary, I love pens and notebooks!
6. My favourite ever holiday was 2 weeks in Croatia which I organised without the help of a travel agent.
7. I can’t ride a bike.
8. I often drive around 500 miles a week (or more) for work.
9. I love living in a small town with countryside on my doorstep and would never want to live in a city.
10. I really don’t like cheese and onion flavoured crisps.
11. I desperately want to visit Paris again.
1. How long have you been sewing? I’ve been sewing as long as I can remember.
2. How did you learn to sew (did you go to school, self-taught, mother, aunt, uncle, etc)? Mostly self taught, although my mum used to make a lot of clothes when I was little, so gave me some help.
3. What motivates you to sew? So that I can have clothes that aren’t exactly the same as everyone else’s and also because I love the creative process.
4. What is your favourite colour? It varies alot. Currently I love all shades of grey and deep pinks, purples and teal.
5. What is your favourite place to shop for fabric and notions? I don’t really have a favourite place. I buy a lot online because I don’t have a great selection of fabric shops near me.
6. What’s your favourite type of project to sew? Dresses without a doubt. They are also my favourite garment to wear.
7. Will you sew a new challenge this year, if so, what will it be? Yes, I will be attempting trousers.
8. What’s your least favourite type of garment to sew? I don’t really have one, it depends on my mood.
9. Do you have a sewing room? No, but I wish I did. I work from home, so our small bedroom is my office rather than my sewing room.
10. Do you or would you teach others to sew? I haven’t taught others to sew, but I would like to.
11. How often do you buy patterns or do you draft your own? I haven’t yet drafted any patterns of my own, but I’d like to learn how to. I buy patterns when I see something I like, so probably far too often!
And finally, I’d like to nominate the following blogs for a Leibster Award:
I’d like to ask them these questions:
1. Do you do any other crafts in addition to sewing?
2. What is your favourite item you’ve made?
3. How often do you sew, and would you like to do more?
4. Do you have an unfulfilled ambition and what is it?
5. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
6. What is your favourite food?
7. Would you rather listen to music, watch television or read?
8. What sewing tool wouldn’t you be without?
9. What sewing tool did you buy that’s a total waste of money?
10. What is the one pattern you’ve sewn that you’d recommend to someone else?
11. What is your number one crafting tip (sewing or otherwise)?