Bits and Bobs


So, this post is a bit of a round up of random bits and pieces that aren’t really big enough for a post of their own.

I’m writing this while drinking a large mug of tea and watching the snow outside.  I’m nice and cosy though!

I’m wearing the Tempt cardigan I’ve just finished knitting from Kim Hargreaves Enchanted book.   It’s gorgeous, really cosy while still smart enough that I could wear it to work.  Unfortunately with the horrible gloomy days we’ve had since I finished it I haven’t been able to get a decent photo of it, but I will do so as soon as I can.
 
Source
 

You might have noticed I’ve added a couple of new things to my sidebar. 

The first is a button from So I Sewed Thiswho is spreading her enjoyment of sewing this year.  She’s encouraging anyone that wants to join in and sew for pure enjoyment to do so.  So I will! 
 
 

I’ll be focusing on enjoyment by making things I love, taking my time over them, finishing them as professionally as I can – but not beating myself up if they’re not “perfect” and maybe trying some new things along the way.

I’ve also joined Did You Make That?’s Sewlution, and I’ve pledged to make a pair of trousers this year, so I’ve naturally added a button for that as well.  Karen’s got a huge number of people taking part in this (187 in total), with all sorts of sewing pledges and it will be interesting to see how many of us succeed. 

And finally, I’ve joined Jacq at A Good Talking To... in the Creative Pay It Forward.
 
 

This is a creative version of Pay It Forward Day, which is on 25th of April this year, the aim of which is to inspire 5 million acts of kindness around the world.

Jacq pledged that sometime this year she will send a handmade gift to the first 5 people who commented on her blog post about the Creative Pay It Forward, on the condition that they make the same offer on their blog, Facebook, etc. 
 
So... if you would like to receive a handmade gift from me, sometime during 2013, please comment below.  It could be anything, knitted, crochet or sewn, depending on what takes my fancy!   The only catch is that you need to make the same offer on your blog (if you have one).  Although I won't be too strict if you aren't able to!
 
If you comment, please leave an email address so I can get in touch and find out where to send your gift.

 

 

 

4 comments

  1. Awesome! I'll be adding your link as soon as I get a chance to update. Happy sewing! No need to enter me for the pay it forward gift. It's a very fun idea, I don't think I'd be good at following through about passing it on at the moment! I'm barely squeezing in time for my selfish sewing, haha. I'm trying not to overcommit this year! Good luck on your trousers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wait I did already link back to you on my post ;) yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful cardigan - I need to get over my knitting issues but don't really have room in my timetable for the projects I'd be tempted to take on. What colour have you made it in? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! From your last blog post it does sound like you've got your timetable full of quilting! I'm always tempted to try more things, but there's a limit to how many you can do at one time.

      My cardigan is a deep aubergine/purple colour, with little flecks of blue, fuchsia and green. I'll get Des to use the skills he learned on his recent photography workshop and take some photos.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment, every one is read and appreciated. It means a lot to me that you take the time to read and comment on my posts.